Sleeved White Snow
In its base form, Sode no Shirayuki is a normal katana with a rectangular tsuba with inward-curved corners with curved slits above and below the blade and a series of curved lines embossed on either side of the blade. It has a reddish-brown hilt.
- Shikai: Its Shikai command is "Dance" (舞え, mae). wielder holds the Zanpakutō out in front of them and turns it in a circle counter-clockwise. While it is turning, the blade, hilt and tsuba turn completely white. The tsuba becomes a hollow snowflake-like circle and a white ribbon forms from the pommel. Sode no Shirayuki is an incredibly beautiful Zanpakutō. The transformation comes along with a rush of cold air in all directions and can potentially cause a cold fog to descend upon the area.
Shikai Special Ability: Sode no Shirayuki has control over ice, much like Hyōrinmaru, but uses it in a different manner. Like Suzumushi and Kisuke Benihime, Sode no Shirayuki possesses more than one ability in Shikai. Sode no Shirayuki's abilities are labeled as "dances".
· Some no mai, Tsukishiro (初の舞・月白, First Dance, White Moon): wielder calls out the name of the dance while holding the Zanpakutō upside down. The blade glows and then wielder makes a slashing motion when the target is in position. When they do this, a large ice circle forms around the intended target which freezes everything that touches it. The circle not only freezes the ground but everything within the circle's influence including anything above it up in the air, creating an extending pillar of light that then freezes all within in the circle. Shortly after being frozen, the victim then shatters along with the ice. Wielder is able to control the size of the circle at will.
· Tsugi no mai, Hakuren (次の舞・白漣, Next Dance, White Ripple): wielder calls out the name of the dance, and punctures the ground once creating a large ice circle similar to the first dance, then punctures the ground in front of them four times in a semi circle. Taking a battle stance as the ice particles begin to flow up from the punctures made in the ground. They build up and then fire toward the target in a massive, powerful pure-white wave of ice from Sode no Shirayuki's blade, in turn encasing the target in a block of ice.
· San no mai, Shirafune (参の舞・白刀, Third Dance, White Sword): wielder calls out the name of the dance, which allows them to reforge the Zanpakutō with ice particles if it is broken, piercing through objects in its path. After piercing its target, it continues to freeze any surrounding objects, including the battlefield.
· Juhaku (樹白, White Tree): wielder stabs the ground which creates a trail of ice in the direction of the intended target. The ice then freezes the target from the base up in a continuing freezing process, as it transforms the target into ice.